Yes, but this time it's a fun animal game!
Plus, I added some new animal signs.
Yes, some new animal signs. Some really fun animal signs.
Because you know me: I'm all about having fun.
So, the game is crazy fun. It's called King Monkey. Watch the vid for instructions plus the new signs.
Did you catch all that?
Here's the written instructions:
Number of players: 4+
Object of game: To be the King the longest
How to play:
- Everyone picks an animal sign.
- Decide who is the King Monkey (that's now their sign "king monkey").
- Establish who is the lowest animal in the group (typically on the king's left) and who is second (on the king's right).
- King Monkey starts play.
King Monkey: Signs own sign + Signer A's sign
Signer A: signs own sign + Signer C's sign
Signer C: signs own sign + Signer H's sign
Signer H: signs own sign + Signer C's sign
and on and on and on until someone gets stumped.
How do you get stumped?
- You sign the wrong sign for yourself
- You don't sign your own sign
- You blank on the second sign
- You sign stutter -- you start to sign, then stop, then start again (or so)
- You sign the animal sign incorrectly
- You sign an animal that is not in the game
How to win:
Be King Monkey, duh!
You've got to keep a consistent pace. Typically as the game gets more intense people naturally speed up. You can use this as a natural way to make the game harder, or you can keep it at a steady pace. Your choice.
When does the game end?
There are two variations to the game.
1. You pick a number of rounds to be King Monkey.
For instance, after 5 rounds as King Monkey you win. Or whatever number you want.
2. As you lose you get knocked out of the game. The last two remaining will have to battle it out.
I've played both. Usually we start out with variation number 1 and then as we tire or want to up the risk factor we switch to variation number 2.
Done and done!
Wait!? You did what? You might've forgotten the animal signs? Well, get clicking over to Day 17 for a refresher.
How'd you like the new animal signs?
My favorite one of the bunch is goat. Then I like fox. Which did you like?
See you next time!